In a world where an ever-increasing number of people are suffering from lifestyle diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes and in a world the severity of such lifestyle diseases is exacerbating with each turning day, we are being encouraged to take concerted steps to being healthy. This may be through hitting the gym regularly, eating healthier, or even learning how to manage stress better; either way we are being encouraged to pick up healthy lifestyles. Perhaps most importantly, we are being encouraged to pull all stops to ensure that we maintain a body weight that matches the correct body mass index based on our height.
At the basic level, medical practitioners are recommending to the general public to lose weight, whenever we are overweight. However, as you would appreciate, this is easier said than done. Many would reckon that gaining weight is far easier than losing weight. To some extent, this is true. However, this need not be the case. With the right natural weight loss supplements, losing weight should be as easier as gaining weight.
This is where flaxseed come. Flaxseed, also known as linseeds are brown or amber colored seeds harvested from flax plants. They are notable for their extensive and impressive health benefits, which in this case also include weight loss benefits. Although their popularity has only risen globally in recent times, they have been in popularity and use has been ever-present in the Middle East, which is also the place of origin of the seeds.
How Flaxseed Actually Help In Weight Loss
The use of flaxseeds to assist in weight is not just a fad. There is some science behind it. For instance, flaxseeds contain a healthy dose of dietary fiber of both the soluble and insoluble sort. The soluble fibers form a gel-like substance when it comes into contact with water and digestive juices, thus slowing the absorption of food and making you feel fuller for longer. On the other hand, insoluble fibers encourage dietary bacteria to grow, which in turn helps the formation and extraction of essential fatty acids that boost your metabolic function.
The seeds also contain a high amount of lignans, a known antioxidant. The supplementation of antioxidants reduces the amount of free-radicals in your body which reduces the amount of cell wear, allowing you to remain healthy even while dieting.
Finally, the fibers have been noted to bind with cholesterol in the digestive tract, which reduces the amount of cholesterol absorbed in the body.
The Best Way To Consume Flaxseeds To Assist In Weight Loss
To accrue the benefits of the flaxseed, it is in your best interest to opt for ground flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are covered by a hard cover which makes it hard for your digestive system to process. On the other hand, the processing of ground flaxseeds is somewhat easier, thus increasing the chances of benefiting from their consumption.
Importantly, the ground flaxseeds can be added to a variety of dishes and meals, thus making it consumption a tad more natural and a daily routine. Below are some of the best ways to consume flaxseed, especially when you are interested losing weight.
1. Adding ground flaxseed to your cereal: Are you looking to start your day with a healthy dose of omega-3 and dietary fiber, why not sprinkle some ground flaxseeds on your cereal.
2. Add it as protein to a salad: If you are looking to improve your protein intake, consider adding ground flaxseeds to your egg, tuna, or even chicken salad as part of the dressing.
3. Add ground flaxseeds to your soup: To improve the health quality of your soup, consider garnishing your soup with a spoonful of ground flaxseed It adds a touch of weight loss power kick and induces a nutty and inviting aroma and taste.
4. Use whole seeds or ground seeds in smoothies: For many people, part of weight loss dieting involves consuming smoothies with a healthy punch. As such, you can eat flaxseed, whether grounded flaxseeds or whole seeds to improve the variety of nutrients in the smoothie and make the smoothie a tad more powerful as far as weight loss is concerned.
5. Use it to make a healthy dose of parfait: For the lot that loves parfaits, you can add flaxseed as part of the recipe. Add ground or whole flaxseeds to yogurt and fruits to improve aid your weight loss endeavor.
There are other ways of consuming flaxseed as part of your diet, including in baked foods, in ground meat meals, and in breaded recipes.