Nutrisystem Transition Program Guide
Nutrisystem is a great way to reach your weight loss goals, but what’s your plan going to be after you finally get to where you want to be?
The first thing to know is this: Don’t panic!
By the time you hit your milestones and are ready to transition off the program, you should have all of the tools necessary to keep up your great work, as long as you continue to make healthy food choices, and focus on the things that are important to you – like your health and happiness.
When you’re ready to transition off of Nutrisystem, you have a couple of options available to you:
You can venture out on your own, plan your own meals, do your own grocery shopping, and make the healthy food choices you need to maintain your weight loss….or you can enroll in the Nutrisystem Success program.
Both options are great, and it will really just depend on how comfortable you feel about making your own healthy food choices, and it may also depend on whether or not you want to spend any more money on the Nutrisystem diet program.
The Nutrisystem Success Program
This program is a recent addition to the Nutrisystem family of products, and it was introduced after they saw a need for helping their clients during their life after Nutrisystem.
This is a great way to continue staying fit, happy, and healthy, and gives you a proven system to follow to maintain all of that weight loss you worked so hard for!
How Does the Success Program Work?
The Power Container System
Portion control can be a key component to maintaining a healthy weight, and Nutrisystem Success makes it easier than ever with their portion control containers.
Each container comes with a color-coded lid, so you know where to store everything, and can easily set up your meals for the entire day.
- PINK: Meat & Dairy – the “PowerFuels”
- ORANGE: Whole Grains, Starchy Vegetables – the “SmartCarbs”
- GREEN: Non-Starchy Veggies
- PURPLE: Fruits, also your “SmartCarbs”
- WHITE: Healthy Fats – More “PowerFuels”
- Mixing Bowl: For Salads and Combination Meals
When you enroll in Success, they send you 10 of these color-coded containers, so it’s super easy to make your flex meals through the day – you literally just fill them up, and you’ll have perfectly portioned food every time!
You Still Get to Enjoy Nutrisystem Foods
With Nutrisystem Success you get to start the transition more slowly, which means you’ll still be able to enjoy Nutrisystem’s meals and snacks on your own schedule, and alongside your flex meals.
What You Get with Success
When you sing up, here’s what you can expect:
1. Start-Up Guide
This will be the meal plan and container guide that you need to get started. Wondering what kind of food you’re going to need for your containers? The guide shows you exactly what to put in them!
2. Plan Your Meals & Snacks
Each day it will be up to you decide which foods you want to prepare on your own, and which Nutrisystem foods you’ll enjoy.
3. Training for Healthy Decision-Making
The power containers will help train you to see what healthy portions look like. You’ll know exactly how to prepare healthy, lean foods, and what you need to buy to make them.
Here’s everything else that comes with the program:
- Complete Fully Customized Meal Plan
- Container Guide: What to Eat and How to Fill Them
- Daily Meal Tracker
- Fitness Guide
- Start-Up Guide
- The Plus Power Container System
Nutrisystem Maintence on Your Own
What if you don’t have the money to sign up for Success, or you would really just prefer to enter maintenance mode on your own?
Don’t worry! You have the tools to succeed on your own as well, and you can still use Nutrisystem for support.
There are two things you can look to for guidance and support:
- The Nutrisystem Grocery Shopping Guide
- The Nutrisystem Guide to Eating Out
In addition to these guides, there are plenty of other recipes and tips at the Nutrisystem website, so be sure to use those for guidance as well!
More Nutrisystem Information
If you haven’t signed on with Nutrisystem yet, you may be wondering what it’s all about. We have plenty of information about it here (read one review here) at TheDietDynamo.com so dig around if you need some deeper insight about it.
In the meantime, though, here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect if you sign up:
- 28 Day Supply of Food: Nutrisystem has four plans to choose from, and no matter the one, they will send you a 28 day supply of meals and snacks. That means you’re basically set for the month.
- Easy to Follow: Nutrisystem takes the confusion out of dieting by giving you a plan that is super easy to follow. Basically, just eat the food, follow the program, and you WILL lose weight. It really is as easy as that.
- Affordable: You can typically get started with Nutrisystem for less than $300 a month. I don’t know about you, but I spend a lot more than that at the grocery store every month, so Nutrisystem seemed like a great deal to me!
- Safe & Steady Weight Loss: Right now they can help you lose up to 15 pounds during your first month on the program, which is pretty awesome! After that, dieters can expect to lose about 1 to 2 pounds every week that they following Nutrisystem. This 1 to 2 pound mark has been found to be a safe and healthy amount of weight to lose every week.
If you’re thinking about signing up for the Nutrisystem diet program, but wonder what life is going to be like after you’ve reached your weight loss goals, don’t worry – they have a plan for weight loss maintenance too!
If you want to continue to get support as you transition off the Nutrisystem program, you can use their Success program to maintain your goals, while you continue to learn how to make healthy lifestyle and eating choices!
Ready to start losing weight? Follow this link for Nutrisystem’s latest deals plus get FREE FedEx shipping when you sign up for auto-delivery!